Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default My lab (from sed)

---
For fairly high-speed (~100MHz) prototypes which need double-sided
copper, I like to use Vector's 169P44C2 cut down as needed, their T44
terminals to carry parts on one side and wiring on the other, and a 1/8"
drill to _judiciously_ remove the copper from around the holes where the
terminals need to be pressed in and connect to neither the power nor the
ground plane.

I've used their pad-cutting tool and found it to be absolutely worthless
after a couple of cuts, so I now use a vanilla 1/8" drill bit, in a
drill press, with the depth of cut set to just barely remove a 1/8"
diameter disk of copper around the isolated hole.

I've got some photos, somewhere, which illustrate the concept and, if
you're interested, I'll go find them and post them.

JF

You might try lip and spur type drill bits, used carefully with a drill
press it can cut nice copper donuts out of the copper cladding.
They are somewhat related to Forstner bits.

---
OK, thanks. :-)

JF