Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Funny snow blower problem...

wrote in
:

On Feb 11, 11:25*am, ransley wrote:
On Feb 11, 10:09*am, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

Awl --

Always the carburetion, it seems.

Last snow, a month or so ago, ran fine, a Sears "6.0 hp" ditty.
Today, it would run for only 10 sec, and would have to constantly
be re-primed and started. *Choke is OK, full gas. *Once in a blue
moon

it would
run for a minute, but not under load.

I could actually sort of see the primed gas spill out of the carb,
whic

would apparently fuel the engine for a while. *Seems that the
running

engine
couldn't draw it's own gas.

Idears?

Any links for how-to's on small gas engine repair? *I won't be
rebuil

ding
innards, but I would at least like to know when/how to fix "the
fixable

",
and when to just give up.

I gave away a fairly expensive Ariens, with carb problems... *the
loc

al tool
rental place, that fixes small engines all the time, couldn't get
that

thing
to run right....

Yet, I saw a guy today, with an Ariens that was so smooth I thought
it

was
electric, from a distance.

--
EA

Do you run all small equipment dry of gas when you put it away, you
have to run them till the float bowl is empty, thats several runs
after you think its out of gas, last fall I put away a 1984 lawnboy
as weel as alot of other gas toys , never cleaned the carb, the only
time my carbs get messed up is when I leave gas in them. At Ace I saw
my store sold a gallon of carb boil just a strong solvent with a
dipping basket. Basicly remove the carb , dissasemble, and soak out
the varnished gas, get new gaskets if you need. Stabil helps and
should be used, but running the bowl empty is a guarntee for next
year- Hide quoted

text -

Having just gone through the problem on mine, I could offer advice.
But since EA likes to hurl insults at me and half a dozen others here,
why should I?

More payback.

What goes around comes around - good and bad.