Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] BSAKing@hotmail.com is offline

Default Really dumb electrical question.

On Feb 11, 10:58*am, bud-- wrote:
Colbyt wrote:
"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
I have a Federal Pacific Stablock type panel in my home. I am running
in a new dedicated 115V circuit for my whirlpool as part of the
bathroom renovations. I have a 220v 20A GFI stcu in the panel being
unused. But for the life of me, I cannot get it out!

AFAIK, it should just pop out if you lift towards the outside from the
inside center point on the panel?
I don't know, but based on what I've read on the interwebs, you may want
to consider a panel replacement as a future project.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Really sorry but Nate is 100% right. *But after my reading just now I would
not wait, I would replace it now.

I recalled some issues about FP a while back and it looks like the stab loks
is one of the involved ones: *http://inspectapedia.com/fpe/fpe.htm

When FPE was sold to Reliance, they found FPE had submitted fraudulent
test information to UL. UL was informed and de-listed much of the FPE
line. The problem interval was probably 1965-1980. The US Consumer
Product Safety Commission started an investigation, but it was soon
dropped - probably _not_ because there was no problem. Info from the
CPSC used to be at inspectapedia (probably still is).

The OP appears to be from Canada. I believe FPE is still sold in Canada.
The new stuff should be OK. Inspectapedia used to have some specific
info on Canadian FPE.

--
bud--

I believe the house is mid 60's so it is probably suspect. Why touch
the meter? Coming into my house I have a main switch that shuts the
power off to the dual 100 amp fuses in the box feeding the breaker
panel. Everything is dead from that box inwards.... That main fuse/
switch panel is after the meter....