Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Funny snow blower problem...

On Feb 11, 11:25*am, ransley wrote:
On Feb 11, 10:09*am, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

Awl --

Always the carburetion, it seems.

Last snow, a month or so ago, ran fine, a Sears "6.0 hp" ditty.
Today, it would run for only 10 sec, and would have to constantly be
re-primed and started. *Choke is OK, full gas. *Once in a blue moon it would
run for a minute, but not under load.

I could actually sort of see the primed gas spill out of the carb, which
would apparently fuel the engine for a while. *Seems that the running engine
couldn't draw it's own gas.

Idears?

Any links for how-to's on small gas engine repair? *I won't be rebuilding
innards, but I would at least like to know when/how to fix "the fixable",
and when to just give up.

I gave away a fairly expensive Ariens, with carb problems... *the local tool
rental place, that fixes small engines all the time, couldn't get that thing
to run right....

Yet, I saw a guy today, with an Ariens that was so smooth I thought it was
electric, from a distance.

--
EA

Do you run all small equipment dry of gas when you put it away, you
have to run them till the float bowl is empty, thats several runs
after you think its out of gas, last fall I put away a 1984 lawnboy as
weel as alot of other gas toys , never cleaned the carb, the only time
my carbs get messed up is when I leave gas in them. At Ace I saw my
store sold a gallon of carb boil just a strong solvent with a dipping
basket. Basicly remove the carb , dissasemble, and soak out the
varnished gas, get new gaskets if you need. Stabil helps and should be
used, but running the bowl empty is a guarntee for next year- Hide quoted text -

Having just gone through the problem on mine, I could offer advice.
But since EA likes to hurl insults at me and half a dozen others here,
why should I?