Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jethro Jethro is offline

Default dried/clogged colour inkjet cartridge rejuvenation tips please?

On 10 Feb, 23:25, Dave wrote:
Jethro wrote:
On 10 Feb, 15:51, Dave wrote:
fred wrote:
In article , Dave
writes
And when the OP finds some ammonia, let us know where you bought it
from. I went down this route some time ago, only to be told that it is
now a controlled substance.
http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Househ...-500ml_923908/
Noted and saved. It was the chemist that said they couldn't supply me
with it. Until I read the post below, I wasn't even aware that there
were two types.

Many thanks to both posters.

Dave

Yes but at the end of the day, a chemist is just another "bloke said".
I wanted some IPA to try and clean a circuit board. Went into boots
and was given this massive lecture about how it was now banned etc
etc ... went to Maplins and bought 2L of it, no questions.

I honestly can't see why they wouldn't sell you IPA *it is one of the
most benign chemicals I have ever used.

It wasn't they wouldn't sell it to me. They claimed they *could*n''t
stock it, as it was "banned". The same story I got from a local
chemists too, strangely enough. I was very tempted to take my two tins
into them, and offer to supply them myself !

ATEOTD, I think it's a symptom of the changing landscape of society.
When I was growing up, and into science, all my books suggested your
"local chemist" as a source of various chemicals ... ammonia, various
crystals, formaldehyde ... and the chemist was just that.

Now they just shift boxes :-(