Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default Things are kind of slow here on Sunday evening...

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message
m...

"DGDevin" wrote in message
m...

"-MIKE-" wrote in message

NO, just a couple of old guys pretending while playing their music.

I've seen those old guys nine times in the past decade, they routinely
mop the floor with the much younger bands who open for them. No, they
aren't as they once were, but they're still pretty damn good. I wonder
why rock musicians can't do what blues or jazz or classical or country
musicians do (play as long as the audience will still come to see them)
without this sort of snotty comment?

I think it's more of a commentary on how some of us aren't kids any
more... but we remember groups like The Who, The Byrds and other groups as
being made up of young guys. It hit home the last time I spoke with Roger
McGuinn (family ties).... he's 67 now. A couple local guys, Levon Helm is
69 and Todd Rundgren is 61. Who ever would have thought...

John

Got an e-mail about this via Roger's wife.... he looks younger here than he
did the last time I saw him in person!

http://www.berkeley.edu/news/media/r..._mcguinn.shtml