Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chade Chade is offline

Default Combi Boiler knocking

John Rumm wrote:
Chade wrote:

On 9 Feb, 22:15, John Rumm wrote:

A rapid
rise to higher than normal (i.e. 3 bar) would indicate your expansion
chamber has lost its air charge. If you can find the charge valve for it
(it will look like a car type inflation valve (for that is indeed what
it is)), a quick press on the centre pin should yield a puff of air. No
air would indicate a discharged vessel in need of pumping up. Water
would indicate a ruptured diaphragm inside it, meaning it needs
replacing or, more likely, another one adding to the system elsewhere.
(allowing some air into a rad may function as expansion space for a
stopgap to get the heat back on)

Should I still do this test even though it seems to be working
normally?

Not it its working ok.

The pressure dropped again by about a third of a bar overnight. After
consulting a diagram in the manual I removed the inner boiler cover
and found that the valve is gently weeping. What spare parts do I need?