Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davy Davy is offline

Default Gloss Vs Silk Vinyl

"the_constructor" wrote in
o.uk:

Should I gloss bathroom ceiling or use Silk vinyl.

You comments as always very much appreciated

Jim

From the data sheet for Dulux Vinyl Matt:
"Water Resistance: Will tolerate the levels of atmospheric humidity
present in normal interior environments and will withstand moderate
washing. Where frequent heavy condensation is likely, as in some
kitchens and bathrooms, Dulux Trade Diamond Quick Drying Eggshell is
more suitable."

So I would tend to use a vinyl eggshell/silk finish in a bathroom with
heavy condensation and an acrylic (Diamond) silk finish in a kitchen
where walls might need to be scrubbed to remove food splatter. Matt
everywhere else in the house.

Davy