YJJim

Default Woodcraft router bits

Woodcraft has a set of 20 router bits on sale for $99. I have heard
that it is a bad idea to buy large sets and only buy what you need
but, at $5 a bit, it seems like a good price. (I've heard Woodcraft
bits are good, but I haven't used them).

Since individual bits seem to be about $10-15 a piece (and some of the
bits in the set sell for around $20), is it really unwise to buy sets?
I figure that even if I didn't use all of the bits, I would still
come out ahead... or is this just newbie thinking.

I currently only have 3 bits (3/4" straight, flush trim, and roundover
of some radius), and had been planing to expand my collection as my
projects require something different.

Any opinions?

Thanks in advance,
YJJim