Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] BSAKing@hotmail.com is offline

Default Really dumb electrical question.

On Feb 10, 8:19*pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:

wrote:
I have a Federal Pacific Stablock type panel in my home. I am running
in a new dedicated 115V circuit for my whirlpool as part of the
bathroom renovations. I have a 220v 20A GFI stcu in the panel being
unused. But for the life of me, I cannot get it out!

AFAIK, it should just pop out if you lift towards the outside from the
inside center point on the panel?

I don't know, but based on what I've read on the interwebs, you may want
to consider a panel replacement as a future project.

Yes, most folks report their Stab-Loc breakers falling out, not
sticking. Usually they go to remove one breaker and six others fall out.

Well - Once I am finished with the bathroom and the kitchen ceiling
and a few other items, I may take a look at what's involved in
swapping it out with another make. Doesn't look like rocket science if
one just takes a logical and mapped out approach to it. Or just sell
the place. lol.