Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Thin drywall tape recommendation?

DerbyDad03 wrote the following:
On Feb 10, 2:05 pm, "Brian V" wrote:

"mike" wrote in message

On Feb 10, 10:00 am, blueman wrote:

Looking for thinnest possible drywall tape for repairing cracks in old
plaster walls...

I would like to keep the feathering as narrow as possible since I am
just doing repairs -- and I find the standard paper and mesh tapes to
require a fair bit of build-up to cover the tape and then feather it.

So what do you all recommend based on experience?

Also which do you find allows for thinner/narrower coverage and
feathering? paper or fiberglass mesh?

Actually, for just cosmetic repair of non-growing cracks, I've had
luck with priming the hell out of the crack, and filling it with
paintable caulk.

I've had luck with this as well. I take one of those 5-n-1 paint tools and
run the point down the crack to remove anything loose then hit it with a bit
of caulk. Wait for it to dry and prime right over it. Got one room I did
this way about 10 years ago, holding up perfectly, don't even know the crack
was there.- Hide quoted text -

"I take one of those 5-n-1 paint tools ..."

5-in-1? Come on...

Real men use 14-in-1 tools.

http://www.poundedthumb.net/storage/IMG_8459%202.JPG

Can you list all 14 uses?