Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] BSAKing@hotmail.com is offline

Default Really dumb electrical question.

On Feb 10, 2:14*pm, "John Grabowski" wrote:
I have a Federal Pacific Stablock type panel in my home. I am running
in a new dedicated 115V circuit for my whirlpool as part of the
bathroom renovations. I have a 220v 20A GFI stcu in the panel being
unused. But for the life of me, I cannot get it out!

AFAIK, it should just pop out if you lift towards the outside from the
inside center point on the panel?

*I have this problem occasionally. *I usually use my pliers and grab onto
the handle and give it a good yank. *Push on the breaker(s) opposite the one
that you want to remove at the same time to prevent the bus bar from
flexing. *I do this with the panel live, but you may want to kill the main
first.

I suggest two 20 amp circuits for the whirlpool tub. *One for the pump and
one for the heater. *The heater maintains the water temperature.

Thanks - I got it, but it was a bear to get out. Since it was the size
of 4 thin stablocks, the teeth really grabbed. I actually had to slide
a small pry bar under it, Hold the opposite breaker down to minimize
flexing and wump it with a hammer! (main power off of course)

Hardly my recommended modus operandi...

My tub is only a 15 amp motor and circuit. I don't need a heater on
mine. I actually took a chainsaw to a larger 'stay filled' fiberglass
one I had here since it was too much trouble and put in a sauna
instead. This is my minimalist replacement. lol.

Thanks again folks.....