Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Really dumb electrical question.

On Feb 10, 1:54*pm, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

On Feb 10, 1:30 pm, dpb wrote:

wrote:
I have a Federal Pacific Stablock type panel in my home. ...
... have a 220v 20A GFI stcu in the panel being
unused. But for the life of me, I cannot get it out!

AFAIK, it should just pop out if you lift towards the outside from the
inside center point on the panel?

Yes; I don't have any GFI breakers but none of the standard breakers
have any other locking provisions w/ them so wouldn't think they would,
either.

I'd turn off box main, take out ones on either side and see what gives....

--

It is a breaker the size of 4 thin ones and right at the bottom of the
panel. I took out a thing 15 amp above it and I still can't get it

Just be sure that the breakers you install are newly made U.L. approved.
It's not unusual for stab loks to be stuck. Kill the power to the panel,
then stick a screwdriver slightly between that breaker and the one opposite
it's location, and pry it out. A little upward pressure and it should pop
out

Ditto that. I've pried them out with a screwdriver before myself.