Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.bitterness
h[_11_] h[_11_] is offline

Default So Where Are All These Unemployed People?

"dgk" wrote in message

That's why it's now called Climate Change instead of Gloal Warming.
Too many stupid people think that Global Warming means that it will
always be warmer and never get cold or snow again. "Oh wow, it's cold,
so much for global warming!"

Most of us learned that heat is energy and that more energy in the
atmosphere means more extreme events. And yes, over all, higher
average temperatures. Maybe not where you are right now. Where I am
right now we're getting another big snow storm.

Yup. I'm where it's not snowing, although it "normally" would be. We've
gotten less than 2 inches total from both storms, and the temps are in the
high 20s. "Normal" for my neck of the woods is at least 6 inches a week and
single digits at this time of the year. Everyone south of us is much colder
and much deeper in snow. Been like this for several years now. Certainly not
the weather we had 30-40 years ago. It's certainly not a "normal" weather
cycle like some other poster was positing. When I was a kid we had snow in
November and it was up over the windows by January and we didn't see grass
until April. We regularly had temps of -20F (not including wind chill) or
colder for days at a time. This year we've barely dipped below 0 and most of
the snow melted (lawn is mostly grass) weeks ago. We got a dusting this
morning, but it will be up above freezing soon, so it will melt again. Very
odd winters the past few years. Love it, though.