Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.bitterness
Stranded Stranded is offline

Default So Where Are All These Unemployed People?

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:29:55 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Feb 9, 1:47=A0pm, stayin@home. (Stranded) wrote:
Well, 24" had just fallen and now we're getting nailed with another
20" on top of it.

PRIMARY PLAN: Assume that the farmer who has been reliable for so many
years would continue to be.

He got old too. Even if he was in his 20's when you moved in, he's in
his 50's now, and farming is hard on the body. I know my Dad wouldn't
even consider scooping 24" of snow out of 600+ feet of driveway 10
years ago, let alone now. 20 years ago he'd think twice. 30 years ago,
no problem.

You can't push that kind of snow. It has to be blown or scooped up and
dumped to the side.

Really?

Late Monday night, he pushed and dragged the snow out of my driveway,
after installing new chains to climb the hill. He has a humongous
John Deere that serves multiple purposes.

Problem is we're going through another monster storm that started
yesterday. When the vicious winds subside sometime tomorrow, he'll
hopefully return. Or maybe Friday. Two monsters within four days.

SECONDARY PLAN: Call other snow removal people listed in phone book.

In the middle of the f*cking snow storm of the century when they've
already got twice as much work as they can handle. Good plan.

They sure were pimping for business in the spring for their landscape
businesses. But when ya need them .....

TERTIARY PLAN: =A0If I'd've know that #1 and #2 wouldn't work, I'd've
put the vehicle at the bottom of the driveway, shop for small amts. of
food every day, and carry it up the hill. =A0We did this in the past.

You've got two choices now: Wait until it's too late and die, or call
the county sheriff's non-emergency number before it becomes an
emergency.

Ain't much I can do but wait.

County sheriff? Hell, the county govts. have pulled their snowplows
because of dangerous white out conditions. What's the sheriff going
to do ,,, pick me up with a helicopter?