Posted to alt.home.repair
Zootal[_7_] Zootal[_7_] is offline

Default Cooper pipe bending limits

"John Grabowski" wrote in
:

So I'm installing 1/2 and 3/4 copper water pipe, city water, ~60psi.
Question - how much can you safely bend the pipe without risk of
future failure?

*Several years ago I worked on a job with an old timer plumber who
mostly bent his copper pipe instead of using elbows. He told me that
there is one grade of pipe that is used for bending, but not all
plumbing supply's carried it. He also had the proper benders for
copper pipe. I don't remember what the pipe was called.

Is there a "proper" bender for copper pipe? I have a bender made for 3/4
conduit, can that be used to bend copper?