Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Tile Question - Part II

"Kate" wrote in message
I posted here about a month ago installing tile in one of my bathrooms.

The professional guy was here today. He has done a lot of work for me in
the past, but I need some opinions please.

He said my linoleum is in excellent condition and they would leave it, and
put hardibacker on top of that. He guarantees his work, and in 30 years
says he has never had a problem with tile cracking due to not removing
existing linoleum.

This is a tiny bathroom that measures appx. 8' x 4'.

Does this sound like a good way to go about the project?

Many thanks in advance.

Kate

Over a securely attached linoleum on a sound floor is not a problem.

Colbyt