Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Technique for replacing 6L6/5881 o/p valve tubes

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Or ignoring the scratch marks made on the base , and push in with 4
fingers
on the base, after all it is only cosmetic damage.

'Stubborn' ones get helped out of their sockets with a small flat bladed
screwdriver between the valve and socket. New ones are fitted with a
standard yellow cloth duster on the top and palm pressure. I don't let the
scratch marks from the retainer claws bother me ...

I can't recall ever having had one break on me in the way you describe.

Arfa

I've always thought scratch marks totally irrelevant.

I've never broken such a valve in the way described here - I would say it
was 99% impossible unless there was a fault in the structure to begin with.

Gareth.