Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default "Oland", "Schmoland" One "Inserted Bit" tool is as good asanother.

I guess that if I did come out with some tools, I would take the Doug
Thompson approach, factory direct to keep quality high, and price
cheap because that is what I would want if I was the customer.

robo hippy

On Feb 9, 11:24*pm, mac davis wrote:
On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 21:19:33 -0800 (PST), robo hippy
wrote:

I think the Reed Gray line sounds more "High Dollar"..

I guess I don't have to worry about a line of 'robo hippy' tools,
though I always thought the name had possibilities. Still doing better
at getting famous than I am at getting rich.

robo hippy

On Feb 9, 8:58*am, mac davis wrote:
On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 05:10:17 -0800 (PST), ebd wrote:
Arch,

Nothing more than marketing. Give it a "brand" name and some people
will just have to have it. Personally, I never look at names. I look
at features. If there is something unique or I see some sort of
advantage I might buy the tool. What they call it is simply not
relevant.

I've never bought into the thing where if someone licenses their name to a tool
the tool suddenly becomes better and worth a much higher price..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing