Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tile Question - Part II

On Feb 9, 7:16*pm, Kate wrote:
I posted here about a month ago installing tile in one of my bathrooms.

The professional guy was here today. *He has done a lot of work for me
in the past, but I need some opinions please.

He said my linoleum is in excellent condition and they would leave it,
and put hardibacker on top of that. *He guarantees his work, and in 30
years says he has never had a problem with tile cracking due to not
removing existing linoleum.

This is a tiny bathroom that measures appx. 8' x 4'.

Does this sound like a good way to go about the project?

Many thanks in advance.

Kate

In a bath that's probably fine. Personally I like use mortar behind
backer board to the subfloor. Most baths are such a small area that
floor bounce is usually less of an issue though.