Default SWA earth

Owain wrote:
"Stephen Gower" wrote
| Could you clarify what I've read on Google groups?
| * For an outbuilding, a separate TT earth is required/recommended,
| provided by an earth rod.

Required if the supply to the house is PME or the outbuilding is more than a
certain distance away.

Unless of course you 'export' the house PME earth satisfactorily to the
garage (it would have to be with more than just the CPC conductor of an
ordinary cable) and connect all exposed metalwork there to it as well.
Not a very practical approach in a domestic situation but the more one
moves towards a serious workshop the more sense it might make.

--
Chris Green )