Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Koblic[_2_] Michael Koblic[_2_] is offline

Default Lathe chuck spindle attachment

This here looks a rather attractive machine particularly as it is on sale:

http://busybeetools.ca/cgi-bin/picture10?NTITEM=B2227L

Trying to find out more about it I looked at the manual but it is quite
useless. One of the questions I had was how is the chuck attached to the
spindle. The dealer tells me that there is a "flange" but any further
details have not been forthcoming so far.

Are there any standards that would describe such flange attachment? Are
there standard sizes? I am concerned about accessories (5C collet chuck??).
This machine is BTW only superficially similar to the Grizzly G0602 which I
understand has a 1-3/4 - 8TPI spindle.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC