Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Water pipe size questions

Zootal wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
news:daf395c1-8698-4412-bad7-
:

On Feb 8, 2:39 pm, Zootal wrote:
I guess you didn't watch Seinfeld. Usually the 'water mizers' are
in the showerhead itself.

see here for a way to deal with it:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5189790_remo...ower-head.html

You couldn't pay me to watch Seinfeld....

I replaced the shower head. It's not the problem.

...unless you replaced it with another water mizer shower head...

No no no - it's one of these water wasting water blasters .

Just to make sure (because I've done stupider things than this...) I
just now walked into the bathroom and removed it. Turn water on. Bah
- I can just about pee better then the stream that came out of the
pipe. And at my age, I don't pee anywhere as far as I used to when I
was younger...

Now that I think about it. When the pipe in the wall broke, we had a
most serious water spout coming out of the wall. It appears that
there is more than adequate cold water delivery, it's just not making
it through the valve.

Another possible solution. Replace the shower head with a really good "low-flow"
head. Because it is designed for low flow, the shower valve limitation might not
be a problem for the low-flow head. It will naturally have better pressure on
the low flow.