Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Formaldehyde Free Plywood at HD

On 2/9/2010 6:09 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:
"Swingman" wrote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCCdGAxz7M8&NR=1

Someone had to say it!

And you did!

Tell me, how is that Festool gizmo working out for you? ;-)

Amazing ... I generally cut a good deal of plywood, and, in basically a
one man shop, wrestling sheets onto a table saw, or anywhere, has gotten
tougher the older I get.

There are two sheetgood cuts that are always problematic on a table saw:
the cross cut that exceeds the fence's capacity and is too wide for
using the miter gauge; and those long, angled cuts that seem to pop up
in every kitchen, for corner cabinets, angled cabinets, and the shelves
that go into them.

With this saw, and with the plywood on a 4 x 8 cutting table (loaded off
the tail gate of the truck), I can "rough cut" off a cutting diagram to
manageable size in preparation for batch cutting on the table saw; or,
for those cross cuts too long/wide for the table saw, do one, two or
more "precision" cuts at a time, depending upon the thickness of the ply.

Where the FS75 REALLY shines, and with those guide rails, is making
long, accurate, angled cuts, something that is basically impossible to
do on a table saw with any degree of precision or safety.

And it is a lot cheaper than a sliding table, which still has
limitations for the above.

Plus the fact that no clamping whatsoever is needed for most cuts using
the guide rail(s) saves a ton of time.

I looked at the Festool router demo at the above site. Apparently this
router has a special feature I have not seen on any other router. It plays
music!! And when routing, the music gets louder! How did they put THAT
into the router?

Nothing surprises me about Festool these days ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08