Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Royston Vasey Royston Vasey is offline

Default Forming wire mesh cloth - how to compress a cylindrical shape?

. 3.70...
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com fired this volley in
. 3.70:

"Royston Vasey" fired this volley in
:

So why not use something ready-made, like this?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#suction-strainers/=5qqxb3

Part # 44265K24

Poly large-particle suction screen.

LLoyd

Or, more like what you're making -- part # 98755K15

LLoyd

Thanks Lloyd, I looked & looked and could not find anything off the shelf
that would work. It's hard to get the right mix of size / appearance & cost.
Now I've got it sorted the they should cost me ~ $0.10 each.