Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Second Floor Laundry Room

Deano wrote:
Hi, I have purchased an 1890 vintage house in Cincinnati and would
like to put in a "laundry closet" in an eave on the second floor. I
could use some suggestions about building a good floor liner in case
of leaks. I don't think that a drain is practical, but I'd like
something larger than a rubber pan that the washer sits in. Space is
approximately 72" by 48';" I have to build the wall out a little as
the roof is slanted inside. Thanks! Deano

Instead of a washroom, consider a chute or dumbwaiter to the basement (with
access on the ground floor). All the dirty laundry goes to the cellar. Also
a chute would be less work and more fun.