Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Two parties

J. Clarke wrote:
LDosser wrote:
"Upscale" wrote in message
On 09 Feb 2010 10:47:47 GMT, Han wrote:

What's a "throw-down"? I tried looking it up, but no logical
explanation on Google.

I'm guessing it's a gun with the serial number filed off or a gun
that in other words, can't be traced to the person who used it last.

A gun that the police can "throw down" after they have shot and
killed someone. The "throw down" is the weapon the deceased pulled
on them. Typically a weapon picked up from a criminal. I don't think
they are used much any more.

Between DNA and fingerprints it's too likely to backfire these days.

Nah. When the police arrive, you hand them the throw-down. You tell them you
picked it up because the squint, in his dying twitches, was reaching for it.

You certainly don't put it in the mope's hand, like somebody did with Vince
Foster.

My personal throw-down is a pot-metal revolver with no serial number that
was designed to fire .22 shorts. The knuckle-dragger I took it from had
taken .22 Long Rifle cartridges and cut the tips off the bullet so they
would FIT in the cylinder.