Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB[_3_] LouB[_3_] is offline

Default Second Floor Laundry Room

Deano wrote:
Hi, I have purchased an 1890 vintage house in Cincinnati and would
like to put in a "laundry closet" in an eave on the second floor. I
could use some suggestions about building a good floor liner in case
of leaks. I don't think that a drain is practical, but I'd like
something larger than a rubber pan that the washer sits in. Space is
approximately 72" by 48';" I have to build the wall out a little as
the roof is slanted inside. Thanks! Deano

Use steel hoses for the washer and reduce chances for a catastrophe.
Why is a drain not practical since you also need a drain for the washer?