Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default OT-Social Security $28 billion in the hole

cavelamb wrote:
LMFAO

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stefan..._b_452458.html

It was funny. What was especially funny is that all she had on her
hand was a few words about three core subject areas (apparently for
the Q&A period; she spoke from prepared notes). If she needs a
prompt to remember them, then wha??

Oh, well. This is a nutty thing going on with the Tea Party and
Sarah Palin. I'm trying to back away from it emotionally and just
look at the phenomenon itself. Populist anger is good; Jefferson was
right about that. One hopes that the phenomenon follows the rest of
his prescription: that they figure out what it is they want, and how
to accomplish it. That's where the Tea Party is going to run into
trouble. They're going to find out about the law of unintended
consequences.

I doubt it, Ed.
the playing field has become entirely too complex.

There isn't anything either complex or subtle about it Richard.
Tancredo's acclaimed statement during his address that we ought to again
have a civics literacy test before you can vote revealed the true character
of the Tea Party, Tom Tancredo, Sarah Palin and the lot of them.

Here is the exact quote:

"And then, something really odd happened, mostly because I think that we do
not have a civics literacy test before people can vote in this country."

We had these sorts of tests in America until 1965. Everyone, including Tom
Tancredo, understood then, and understands now, the purpose of those tests.

These are the same ignorant, white trash, red neck hillbilly's that were
stringing people up not long ago and harkening back to those days is a sure
prescription for a bad end. They will be absorbed back into the Republican
mainstream after extracting their pound of flesh.
It's likely their political activism will lead to the loss of the middle of
the road independent voters completely so what they will end up doing is
costing the "conservative" candidates they espouse support for and real
chance. IOW, they will be radioactive, politically speaking.

--
John R. Carroll