Posted to alt.home.repair
Brent[_3_] Brent[_3_] is offline

Default Need to sharpen Craftsman 18" 40cc chainsaw (4mm 5/32 file)

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 15:16:14 -0800, Steve B wrote:

Secondarily, watch for rocks, dirt, wire, metal, barbed wire, etc.

Interestingly, I knew it was dull because sparks were coming out of the
tree limb I was cutting (but there was nothing but virgin wood) and the
bottom half of the limb circle was burnt black.

I think the minimum I need, based on your recommendations, is the 5/32"
(4mm) round file and a flat file.

I see some don't recommend the jig tool that goes with the round file but
what about the jig tool that goes with the flat file?