Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Things are kind of slow here on Sunday evening...

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

For the record, it was me, not Mike that made what you think is a snotty
comment.

I knew that, count the sideways chevrons.

I think, (no, I know) you are being a bit sensitive for nothing. It was a
light hearted comment about the fact that they, as many of us, have aged
since they were in their prime.

Okay, I am perhaps a bit sensitive on the subject due to my rapidly
advancing age. I see a lot of similar comments online from people who sneer
at [insert name of 60s legends] without having actually been at the show in
question, it gets up my nose a bit. Not all Who shows are outstanding (and
frankly this one wasn't) but not much more than a year ago I saw them tear
down the building at one show in particular. They really don't need to
pretend they can still do it, they actually can.

Frankly, I was flipping channels and saw them performing and was not sure
who they were at first. Kind of knew them, but was trying to place the
older faces with the younger performance.

The years are not very kind to the hard and fast living rock musicians.

I'd love to be in Roger Daltrey's condition when I'm 65--hell, I'd like to
be that fit now, the *******'s stomach is flat as a Starrett ruler.
Townshend has aged fairly well too since he gave up drugs and booze in time.
Many others -- the ones still alive -- are in bad shape. A lifetime of
booze and hard drugs and no sleep apparently catches up with one....