Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Things are kind of slow here on Sunday evening...

"John Grossbohlin" wrote

I think it's more of a commentary on how some of us aren't kids any
more... but we remember groups like The Who, The Byrds and other groups as
being made up of young guys. It hit home the last time I spoke with Roger
McGuinn (family ties).... he's 67 now. A couple local guys, Levon Helm is
69 and Todd Rundgren is 61. Who ever would have thought...

Old age and music, eh?

I had to pick up a couple patch cords for a small studio I am working on
tonight. I stopped by a place I used to buy recording equipment from years
ago. The place was still there, albeit with different owners. I saw my old
buddy in there who used to be the sound engineer for Heart, way back when
when they were starting out.

He still had the hair. But it was ugly grey. His nose was considerable
bigger and he looked to be at least a hundred. Still sharp, still knew his
stuff and the recent products. But he looked to be at deaths door. Some
musician types just don't age well. All that hard living catches up with
you.