Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Removing odor

"Herb Robinson" wrote in message
I've built a pantry for my wife and the only finish I used on the interior
(red oak plywood) was clear Watco. It looked great, but the odor makes it
unusable -- packaged goods absorb the smell. After two months, applied a
coat of wipe on polyurethane, but that has not helped. The only thing I
can think of now is to apply a coat of paste wax. Any and all ideas will
be appreciated.

I use shellac on interiors like that. Very little odor that dissipates
quickly. You can try a coat or two now. If you can remove the doors and
set them in the sun for a couple of days that may help too.