Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default Running compressor "too slowly"

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 23:44:47 -0500, "Buerste" wrote:

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
ctanews.com...
Don't forget I need a ship-to address if you want some 9mm cast.

Thanks for the remind. I was a bit very distracted when you first
offered. You got email.

Karl

There's plenty of load info on the web but if he needs any more, I've got
plenty of books. I'm still working my loads for my 9's, I use IMR 700x,
most people don't. But so far, I like the projectile though it's not the
easiest to cast, probably because it's so small.

It seems like anytime I need Gunner's wisdom, the *******'s out of town!

Son...the phone is close to your hand. Use it

805-732-5308

Just keep in mind Im living on PST...and dont do "early" very well, but
I live in "late". G

Gunner

You're just saying that 'cuz I woke you guys up at some ungodly hour on a
Sunday morning. I STILL feel bad about that! I keep forgetting about that
pesky time-zone thing.

OK, I think I have an extractor problem on my 1911. I bought it used with
what the guy said had only 100 rounds through it. Everything points to that
being the truth except the extractor looks like somebody attacked it with a
file. With factory ammo, it gets 5% FTF. I have yet to get my reloads to
feed right with a 200gr. SWC Keith. On the web and in my books, I see all
different kinds of OALs. What specs do you use for this bullet? What
should I do about the extractor? I'll try to get some pix with my new,
WAY-COOL, USB 200 power video/still microscope.

I do have my .38 load dialed in! I put 100 rounds through a 1" hole from a
rest. 3.0 gr. 700x 148gr. DEWC. I use 1 part Alox in 6 parts mineral
spirits and it looks like thin wood stain. It's hardly noticeable on the
bullets and dries hard. It WORKS! No lead, no smoke, no residue!