Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Drop in December new-home sales fuels concern over recent gains US economy grows at fastest rate in 6 years

Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"F. George McDuffee"
wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 19:51:07 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:
snip

So principle, yes, possibilities -- I'd have to see. It's easy to say
that this is what we have to do. It's much harder to say how we can
do it, in terms of politics as well as money.

http://tinyurl.com/ylkbqga

Gosh. A $189.00 book, and only five left! g

If I need another topic, I'll look into it. Meantime, it looks like a
subject just as big as the one I'm working on, and more difficult because
it's moving faster.

Can you tell us the Reader's Digest version? d8-)

For the record, here's the kind of junk that starts populating my mind when
we start talking about a subject like this. You mention all-electric cars;
my question is, with lithium-ion batteries? Maybe. Maybe not. And fuel
cells -- they've been working on them for over 40 years. When are they going
to make one that someone could actually buy?

And grids. Across whose back yard? Especially when they start running
100,000 Volts.

And so on. Timing, resources, development time...if you're going to tackle a
subject like that, you have to be ready to pour on everything you have,
because the subject wants to scatter your brains all over the place. And if
you DON'T get on top of it all, you write useless crap. Which I refuse to
do.

So, it's too much for me to take that one on. But it's very interesting, and
important.

--
Ed Huntress