Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Water pipe size questions

On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 14:52:25 -0600, Zootal
wrote:

To be honest, I'm leaning towards just biting the bullet and getting rid of
the plastic. I have the time and money to do so, and I hate the idea of
plastic pipe in my walls.

In another thread, PEX and sharkbite connectors or crimps were
suggested.

My walls have PEX / Manifold / lines in the walls and the attic.

NOT a single leak in five years. I'm the second owner and the PO lived
here 7 years or so.

The best PEX connector imo, is the expanded type. In recent years I'm
seeing PEX lines in lawn irrigation in the Mojave desert.

I 2nd the PEX idea.