Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Water pipe size questions

jamesgangnc wrote:
On Feb 8, 2:39 pm, Zootal wrote:
I guess you didn't watch Seinfeld. Usually the 'water mizers' are in
the showerhead itself.

see here for a way to deal with it:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5189790_remo...ower-head.html

You couldn't pay me to watch Seinfeld....

I replaced the shower head. It's not the problem.

Our master bath has 3/4 to it for cold and hot. Then reduces for the
individual hookups. Don't have any problems with use in the other
baths or kitchen affecting our shower. If you are using copper then
there is a noticable price difference between 1/2 and 34. Not so much
with cpvc.

Going up to 3/4" will significantly increase the time you wait for hot water. If
the presure is good, it might be a negative improvement.