Posted to rec.woodworking
allen476 allen476 is offline

Default Is there Really any Free Plans?

On Feb 8, 3:18*pm, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 11:37:27 -0800, Evodawg wrote:
I was looking around google today for free Mission Style Bed Plans and a
ton of sites come up but none are free. Anyone know of any? It's not that
I'm to cheap to go buy one but I'd like to get a starting point and make
my own edits to it.

Do what I did for our bathroom vanity. *Find what you like in a store,
photograph it and measure, measure, measure, measure it. *Then come
home and draw your own plans with your modifications included. *That
way you will be fairly sure of what it will look like before you start
making sawdust.

Gordon Shumway

Our Constitution needs to be used less as a shield
for the guilty and more as a sword for the victim.

I did about the same thing when designing the entertainment center
except I shopped online and then scaled to fit the space. Ikea was
about the only place I could find what I was remotely thinking of and
even then it was redesigned to my taste. Most places though have the
measurements listed on the site, if not e-mail them what you are
looking for.

Photographing can be tricky in some stores. We were at one store and
found a cabinet we liked (and some of the inspiration) and I took out
my wife's phone to take some pictures. The owner of the store started
yelling that we couldn't do that. His loss as we canceled the $2000
order for a sofa,recliner, and loveseat we placed 5 minutes before.
Even the saleswoman was mad over that as she was stunned at his
behavior. No wonder the place is out of business now. The store we
ended up at let us take all of the pictures we wanted but for the same
furniture we bought before we spent $50 more.

Allen