Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plastic (cpvc) versus copper

On Feb 8, 2:22*pm, Zootal wrote:
Was the pipe in an outside wall and did it break due to freezing
temps? If so, copper can also break when water freezes in them.

It was in an inside wall. It broke because a book fell off of the back of
the toilet and hit the pipe where it came through the wall.

I certainly would not go thorugh the process of replacing a bunch of
cpvc because a piece was damaged from impact. Sounds like you have
too much time on your hands. How about coming over to my house and
I'll give you some better chores. haha, nothin personal :-)