Posted to alt.home.repair
Zootal[_7_] Zootal[_7_] is offline

Default Plastic (cpvc) versus copper

I'm interested in opinions of the merits of using copper versus cpvc (other
than cost). I recently had a cpvc pipe break inside the wall, and I'm in
the process of replacing all of the in-wall pipes for the bathrooms with
copper. The main feed lines are cpvc and are in the basement and readily
accessible. Repairs to these are quick and easy if necessary. I mostly want
the in-wall stuff that is not easily accessible to be copper, and I can be
easily convinced to leave the cpvc in the basement alone.

Question - am I just unlucky, or does plastic (cpvc) pipe have much higher
breakage incidents? Is there any reason to just replace all of it with
copper, or should it work OK and I should just leave it alone?