Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default No COLD water in washing machine?

On Feb 6, 2:59*pm, Tony wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Feb 6, 8:48 am, LouB wrote:
Friend says she now can not get cold water from her machine.
Since she is renting I am hoping there is an easy(?) fix:-))
Any ideas?

Real ideas not idiotic remarks, thanks

Lou

* *When my water was slow I pulled the hose attached at the machine,
there was a recessed filter in the machine it was clogged. If machines
are part of the rental let the landlord do it or let him know, you
break it you might pay.

*Try posting at althvac for a professional polite non idiotic real
response, thats where all the good repairman are, they help fix
everything at * althvac. Nice bunch of polite guys. Did you try
turning on the water.

I don't know the laws in different states, but way back in the 70's in
PA the renter was responsible for all repairs under $100. *That amount
may have gone up? *Or maybe there is no such law in your state? *In PA
even with that law, the landlord often took care of such problems rather
than have some half assed fix it guy come in and screw things up.

Where are you that you can even get a repairman to show up for less
than $100?

nate