Posted to alt.home.repair
Master Betty Master Betty is offline

Default Need to sharpen Craftsman 18" 40cc chainsaw (4mm 5/32 file)

"Brent" wrote in message
Need to sharpen my Craftsman 18" 40cc chainsaw and I've never done it
before.

The manual says to use a 4mm (5/32") round file at 25 degrees but it also
shows a guide.

Googling, I see utube videos, some of which use the guide and others can't
stand 'em; while all seem to use a different guide with a flat file to
even
out the depth gauges.

Where do YOU guys get your chainsaw sharpening kits and which ones do you
prefer?

You don't need a kit. Go to homedepot and find chainsaw files. Get on the
right size. Then go for it. It's very easy but a little time consuming. Do
one direction then another. Find a starting and ending point and mark it
somehow.