Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Weight limit of 2X6 attic floor?

Southern Yellow Pine, the other structural lumber. They both have
a similar modulus of elasticity. Lumber normally has a grading
stamp on it. If you've already decked the thing, you won't be
able to find one. You may see one on one of the rafters, the
lumber all came out at once from the lumber yard and is probably
the same grade and type.

I doubt that they would have used much better than #2 SYP. That
calculator calls it southern pine.

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Mikepier" wrote in message
here is an easy calculator that will let you play with the
numbers:
http://www.awc.org/calculators/span/...e.asp?species=...

Thanks for the link. How do I know what kind of wood I have? I
assume
Douglas Fir, but what is SYP you mentioned?