Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Two parties

"Upscale" wrote in message
news

Most gun adocates that are taking part in this thread, claim to have
guns for self defense. What is there in the US that mandates the need
for that self defense? While I'm not going to claim it never happens
up here in Canada, it sure as hell seems to be a lot less than what
happens in the US.

Most gun advocates participating in this thread have claimed self defense as
one of multiple reasons for gun ownership. That is quite different from
your statement above. Nothing in the US mandates the need for self defense.
It is more of an independence within our citizens that does not chose to
surrender our own protection to others. We feel responsible for our own
lives in many different ways, and do not rely on others to provide for us.
Why would that be such a problem for anyone else?

--

-Mike-