Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Two parties

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 19:18:54 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:
Since 2001, I have been involved in three defensive uses of a firearm. Twice
in Home Depot parking lots when I was approached by dissolute sorts, not
only carrying weapons (tire iron once and a 2x4 the other) but refused to
heed my command to "Stop! Come no closer!"

Ok,then let me ask you something. As a bonafide, legal gun carrying
citizen, how do you explain those three defensive uses happening? In
all seriousness, I'm 55 and have *never* had the need to defend myself
in public from some miscreant on the street and neither has anyone
else I know. The worst that's happened is being asked for money by
some panhandler.

Most of you know that I use a wheelchair. Wouldn't that make me a
more desirable target? I'm out in public on a regular basis, cut
across parking lots when it's convenient and generally interact with
the public just as much as anyone else. Yet here I am up in Canada's
largest city where for the most part very few own guns and aren't in
the habit of carrying weapons of any kind.

Most gun adocates that are taking part in this thread, claim to have
guns for self defense. What is there in the US that mandates the need
for that self defense? While I'm not going to claim it never happens
up here in Canada, it sure as hell seems to be a lot less than what
happens in the US.

Can you hazard some guess why that might be?