Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M.Chapman D.M.Chapman is offline

Default Zenex boiler efficiency

In article ,
naffer wrote:

3 - 4 years on, what are the real experiences?
Alpha have rites to the technology and have built an integrated unit.

It seems that the technology is a tad obvious but the value depends on
the cost benefit ratio.

I've got a alpha gassave fitted - I think this is the thing you've seen.

I was impressed at the amount of preheating it does to the incoming cold -
much more than I expected but obviously, it's only for hot water. It does
nothing to help with the heating circuits.

So, yes, it does work (better than I thought it would). Is it cost effective?
I doubt it if you had to pay normal rates - we got it as part of a pack with
a boiler and a store so it was a lot cheaper that way. We figured it was
worth a punt.

At the 800 quid list price forget it IMO

Darren