Apkesh

Default help_ I bought a house with PINK counter tops

Hi,
I recently purchased a 5 year old home. The original owner did not do
any 'upgrade' at all, just had gotten the basic fixtures that come
with the house from the builder. I love the house, but I hate 2 parts
of the house.

1. The kitchen cabinets are all laminate type. The cabinets look of
good quality (ie: the newer types, the one that doesn't scratch or
anything) but I just wish the colour matched the rest of the kitchen!
What options do I have other than to completely replace the cabinets?
Refacing the cabinets with a different color laminate sounds like an
option, but it looks like an expensive and tedious job. Any ways to
treat it to look a bit darker?

2. The bathroom and kitchen counter tops (these are laminate too) are
the most awful of all, the ones in the bathroom are PINK! I'd like to
replace the entire counter top, but is there a cheaper alternative?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
apkesh