Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Chipped paint at church (OT)

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 19:25:00 -0800 (PST), RicodJour
wrote:

On Feb 6, 9:04*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I'm not sure if you are talking about doors with a nice
layer of paint
on them that's getting chipped off or stained doors with
"marks" that
have messed up the stain look.

CY: I may post some pictures on a free h osting, sometime
when I'm more awake, and less fatigued. The doors have wood
grain look to them, and mostly at the edges, there are
chunks of grain and varnish missing.

If it's the later, what I do with
stained doors is to get Tung oil or Liquid God or similar
type of
oil/stain product and saturate a small rag with it and wipe
down the
whole door. *Makes most small marks and gouges blend back in
and
renews the look of the door.

CY: Yes, it would be good rub the church doors with Liquid
God. I'm thinking I should post some pictures one day soon.

Gel God protects better and is easier to apply.

Both are pricey!!