Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Visit to the dark side.. I bought a set of tv trays..

On Feb 7, 3:20 pm, mac wrote:
I've been looking at different plans for TV trays for a few months and haven't
gotten around to making them.. material lists, cutting layouts, etc..

We were in the States last week and Wal-Mart had wood TV trays for less than $9
each.. The wife loved them and I liked the idea of buying them for less than I
could buy the wood and hardware, so we bought 4 and I'm back on the lathe today,
figuring that I dodged a bullet..

Pretty bad when I can buy something cheaper than I can make it, though..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

That is what happened to the Computer desk that I spent a year
designing. I wanted something to take the computer, printer, and all of
the associated items. I had got to the point where I had I arranged
exactly as I wanted it.

We went down to the local Lowes and there it was for about half of the
cost of wood that I needed to build mine.