Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Two parties

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 10:14:15 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy
scrawled the following:

On Feb 6, 10:36*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I knew lots of (too many) druggies back in my yout. They did no harm
to anyone but themselves: mostly hard-partying, blue-collar folks.
(Now that I'm sober, partiers are no longer in my life at all.) Uppy
is negating the "no harm to others" portion of Miller's statement;
whether it's due to ignorance (about that sector of the population) or
intent, I don't know. *They're out there and there are a lot of them.
Perhaps Uppy is only considering the bottom of the barrel because
they're easier to shoot at, _if_ he were inclined to get a gun. *;

Well then, legalize all drugs and take the 'business disputes' off the
street.

As a person with a libertarian bent, I'm all for that, despite what I
feel about drugs themselves.

Failed government programs: Prohibition, DEA/the War on Drugs, DHS/the
War on Terror, Welfare/the War on Poverty, Fannie Mae, Freddy Mac,
Obamacare (and it hasn't even started yet but I fear it will bring an
actual American revolution into reality), social security, Medicare,
TARP/the bailouts, Cash for Clunkers, DOE, the Dept. of Education,
FEMA, BATFE, USPS, Amtrak, the Veterans Administration, and the Border
Patrol (good guys who aren't allowed to do their jobs.)

OK, guys, name your favorite failed gov't programs!

--
We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves
after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.